Sunday, October 31, 2010

Speaking of forgiveness...

I cannot believe that it has been a month since I posted. I apologize profusely for this. I would like to offer an excuse, but it would be just that - an excuse.

The truth is that I have not been able to fit running OR forgiving into my schedule since I went back to work. I say that because the two are tied together more that I thought they were.

I did make some changes this past week though. I was originally working from 8-4, but I was not running in the morning or in the evening. I have always hated running in the morning and all I have been doing in the evening is making excuses for not running. So, this past week, I changed my work schedule to better accommodate my priorities. I now work from 7-12ish and then come home and run and then go back at 3 and work until 6. And it worked great. I ran everyday this past week and it made a HUGE difference.

Sadly, however, I didn't make the same effort to forgive. I think my perception was that once you fix the forgiveness problem - you know make the decision to forgive and all that, then you don't have to think about it again. Well, I was wrong. When I don't wake-up every morning and make the decision to forgive EVERYONE that irritates me in some way, I become incredibly vindictive and just mean. I don't always say things that would indicate that, but believe me, I sure think them. And now I deal with children and, more importantly, adults, I need to be a picture of Christ to every one I encounter.

This morning's sermon really impacted me - I began to think of how I could ImPACT people on a daily basis in every aspect. Not just the four giants as a church, but in every dealing with others that I have. How can I make the world a better place in every action I take?

So, tomorrow morning, I will start by repeating the following:
"Today, I will forgive others and try to impact everyone on my path in a positive way."

That's not much...

No comments:

Post a Comment