Monday, November 1, 2010

Trying harder.

What a great run today. It was cool, overcast and very quiet. I felt strong. I realized that last week I shouldn't have run 5 days in a row. I was informed by my all-knowing and well-meaning husband that I need to give myself a day of rest. He offered this information after I was discussing how slow, and horrible Friday's run was. I am now going to run 2 miles on Monday, 1.5 on Tuesday but faster and 3 on Wednesday. Then, take Thursday off and run 1.5 fast on Friday and 3 on Saturday. I hope it helps. I'm not exactly sure what it's going to help, but I feel confident it will help something.

I also worked on forgiving this morning. I work up and on the way to work, I reminded myself that I was going to forgive and also have an impact on those around me everyday. It went pretty well. I tried to be kind and understanding. I also tried to be honest and open. AND - I didn't hit anyone.

I am surprised that I didn't remember that God never really makes becoming a better person easy, does He? I wish I could just fix something once - and that's it - it's fixed. But, I have to keep staying on top of things so that I don't regress. And I regress WAY faster than I make progress.

Oh well, at least He gives us a long time to try to get it right....

No comments:

Post a Comment