Monday, September 20, 2010

Just when I needed it......

I feel so bad that it's been over a week since I've posted. I certainly didn't mean for that to happen - it's been crazy.

I've continued to run - some good and some bad. Today I was chased by a ferocious, barking, small terrier-like dog. But, I outran him!! I was so proud - and a little scared. It's those little ones that can really hurt you. It was a great day and I really enjoyed the run.

Lots of things have transpired since I last wrote. Didn't that sound SO much better than, "Wow, lots has happened"? I thought so too.

First, I have the opportunity to go back to work at my old daycare, only I will be the Assistant Director. When the position came open, I decided that I could help make the work environment a lot better. I have really missed being around the kids and this will certainly fund the trip home. Speaking of which....

I have also decided that I am a big enough girl with incredible social and mental skills that I can go visit my family without suffering a mental break-down. I am going to do this by having a plan to escape in the event that things go downhill. Isn't that grown-up of me?

Last Thursday, I got the opportunity to play with some worship team members at the Influence Conference for the Assemblies of God. It was so much fun!! One of the best days I've ever had.

The first speaker was a woman from Nashville who was talking about being authentic and how churches can create the environment so that it makes it easier for people to be honest and open up about the things that they carry as a burden. The strange thing is that I decided to sit in on that speaker. I was going to just hang out and then I met her in the green room and we talked about blogging, etc. So, I thought I would see what she had to say. During the course of the talk, she was open about having the same addictions as I have. She was so open and honest in front of all those Assemblies of God pastors. She is my hero. Of course, she did talk about how not everyone has been accepting. It was just such a miracle to me that I got to hear her, and then speak with her. I don't think it was an accident....

The thing is, I've struggled recently SO much with temptation and it came at the most opportune moment. I hadn't succumbed to temptation, so this was like a lifeline. Isn't it weird how God know just when we need something....oh yeah, He's God.

No comments:

Post a Comment