Tuesday, July 27, 2010

All the best intentions...

Well, my boys are back. The got in last night and the house has been mayhem ever since. I couldn't get to sleep last night, then I overslept this morning. I had to run when I got back from a doctor's appointment, and boy was it hot!! I felt very slow. I had also eaten a big breakfast, so I felt very sluggish.

Last night, about 1230, our outside dog Happy started barking. I looked out the window and she had cornered a baby skunk by the back door. Great. We managed to get her into her crate to give the skunk a chance to get away. The baby was pretty little, because she hadn't sprayed Happy. It was scared to death. It just kept turning in circles. I guess it got out the same way it got in, because Joe couldn't find it this morning.

Joe managed to get my ring out of the steering column of my car without even taking anything apart. Yeah!! I will NEVER put lotion on while driving again. Or call the locksmith before checking all outside doors. Or not make sure I have my keys in my hand before leaving the house. You get the picture.

Things have been hectic this morning. With the boys back, I have had to get groceries and actually plan the week.

Even though I wrote yesterday about giving 100%, I have already found that it has been difficult to do that in just the last 12 hours. Old habits die hard. I guess I have to just try a little at a time to open up.

No comments:

Post a Comment