Thursday, July 29, 2010

One day at a time

This morning's run was horrible!!! I cannot believe how hot it was and how humid! And I've been trying to cut back on how much laundry I have to do, so I tried to wear my running clothes two days in a row. Let's just say that was not a great idea. I kept wondering what that smell was - it was me!! At least no bugs, dogs, skunks, or bad guys would even come close.

I did run 2 miles for the first time. More of the path is tree covered, so that was nice, but not as refreshing as I had hoped.

I've continued to think about yesterday's post. I really felt bad as I ate ice cream last night. It takes being in the right place emotionally and spiritually to make the changes needed to treat your body as God's living temple.

I was never good at monogamy before Joe. But, to be truthful, I don't think I tried very hard at it either. So, when I came back to God, I decided that I would not date for a while because I couldn't seem to do it in a way that was Christ-like. Then, I met Joe and he changed my thinking. He had a very respectful, kind and understanding way of doing relationships that was unknown to me. He made his expectations clear and if I couldn't live with that, then we would move on. I decided that I was not going to cheat on Joe, not because I was afraid he was going to leave me or what others would think, but because I loved him so much I didn't want to hurt him.

I think that treating your body different is the same way. It is not out of fear, or because I want to look hot (although that would not be a bad side-effect) but because I love God and I love the body He gave me and I am going to treat it like He actually lives there - which He does.

Let's see how well I can put this into practice. One day at a time....

No comments:

Post a Comment