Sunday, August 1, 2010

A New Beginning

I am so sorry that I have missed 2 days. I know it sounds lame, but I have been REALLY busy!! OK, the dog ate my blog - is that better?

My runs on Friday and Saturday were also as bad as the days before. It has continued to get hotter and more humid. I have felt really slow, but the reality is that I have actually been getting faster, so now I need to extend my route to get continue my progress. And it's supposed to be getting hotter this coming week. I am going to try to get up earlier and run so that maybe it will be cooler, or at least less humid.

I am currently preparing for a colonoscopy. Oh my gosh - this is horrible. I had forgotten how yucky this is. But, it has given me an idea. I know what you're thinking - this CAN NOT be a good idea.

I have been blogging about treating my body as God's living temple and this seems to come at a good time. What if I used this as an opportunity to replace everything that is leaving my body with only what is good for me? I would never do something this extreme normally, but it is coming at a good time. I can make a conscious effort to pick the best things to go in. Kind of like a clean slate - so to speak.

I can become racked with guilt about how I have treated my body in the past. I have suffered with an eating disorder since high school. The irony - it was laxatives. Isn't that funny? I have a disease and the only way to check it is by using laxatives. So, I try to forgive myself and make up for some of the bad choices I have made.

Maybe this presents an opportunity to start fresh and make choices based on my love of God and His temple rather than irrational ways of dealing with emotions. What if every time I was hungry, I made the choice to eat, or not eat, and what to eat by thinking what is best for my body?

What if I forgave myself, and separated the eating from what I'm feeling? What if I made the choices by treating my body as God's temple and giving it the things that make it work most effectively? What if I asked God for His help in taking care of His temple? Now - there's an idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment