Thursday, August 26, 2010

Everything is His!!

I am so proud of myself!! I had a terrific meeting with Joe Freeman this morning. Wait, let me back up.

Over the summer, a friend of mine from another church said that she and some friends were coming to church on a Saturday night and wanted me to go with them to dinner afterwards. I said yes, of course. Well, when we got to dinner, I found out that the friends were there to ask me to lead worship at a women's conference at their church in Arkansas. Well, I said no, because I didn't think I could do it.

I have struggled with being afraid to sing for some time now, and I thought I was better, but apparently not. So, I tried to put it out of my mind. But, I couldn't. I kept feeling really convicted about it. I began to think how lucky I am to have gifts that I can use for God and then, I turn down an opportunity.

Well, something Tommy said two Sundays ago really struck me. It was before the offering when he was talking about everything being God's and He just lets us use it. THAT did it. I have not been able to get the worship request out of my mind. So, I decided to talk to Joe Freeman about helping me overcome my fear and see if he would let me audition to sing and go from there. SO, that's what we're going to do.

I am excited and nervous to see where this might lead, but this is an opportunity that I didn't want to pass up again. I sure didn't want to look back and think "Wow, I should have tried harder to use my gifts".

No comments:

Post a Comment