Monday, August 30, 2010

Put the band-aid down!!!

This morning was a wonderful run. It was cloudy and the breeze was cool. I think the weather has broken.

I have come to this conclusion: Forgiving was the easy part. I'm surprised to hear myself say that. When I started The Forgiveness Project, I had no idea that the forgiving would be the easiest thing. Every morning when I get up, I make the decision to forgive. Sometimes, I have to keep making the decision to forgive the same people, sometimes I have to make the decision to have a forgiving spirit, and sometimes I just have to make the decision to forgive myself. SO, I feel like I have some control over the process.

The healing, however, seems to have its own agenda. It is just like when I hurt myself and put a band-aid on it, I can't force it to heal faster. I am always lifting the band-aid to see if it is getting better. Sometimes, lifting the band-aid hurts worse than the actual cut. I am doing the same thing with my emotional boo-boos. I keep picking at them to see if they are better.

I need to just ask God to help me get stronger and leave the actual healing to Him. And also, to quit picking at the scabs of my heart. I am going to concentrate on getting physically stronger and let the rest take its course. We'll see how that works...

No comments:

Post a Comment