Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Who's in charge?

Another beautiful morning and a really nice run. I absolutely cannot take the shorter route anymore though because today was the fastest I had ever run it. I do have to say I was pretty impressed with myself.

While I was running, I remembered something I hadn't thought about in years. When I got back from Desert Storm, I was running with my unit on the beach, and I tripped and cracked my ankle. Well, I fell out of the run and they started calling me names, so I got back in and ran the mile back. By doing that, I tore ligaments in the ankle. It was not wise. I was so bummed, because I found myself on crutches and unable to resume life the way I wanted to. I was dependent on friends to help me get around and I had gained about 20 lbs while I was in Saudi Arabia, so I was ready to start running again. I had to lay around and I remember willing my leg to get better. I would pray and pray that I would wake up and it would be fine. That didn't happen and the reality was, I really needed to slow down and take a new look at my life. I never would have taken the time had it not been for the ankle.

I am trying to do the same thing now. I was thinking yesterday how I could push this healing thing along. Not that I can even do that. So, why do I waste time thinking about it? Because I think I am in control. Every time I think that, God gives me an opportunity to think about it...I think I'll just let Him be in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment