Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day Nineteen: A Pleasant Saturday Run

I ran two days in a row. This is the first time!! I'm so proud of myself!! I thought Saturday would be the perfect time because I would have Sunday to recover. I am getting closer and closer to connecting the whole circle of 1.5 miles.

I ran about 11:00 and it was much cooler than it is in the late afternoon. I am going to try to run in the mid-morning most days if I can.

I also tried today to not think too much while I was running. I tried to just enjoy it. This is pretty big since I have never really enjoyed running at all. All these years, I have just endured it. I am not saying I am going to love it, but if I am going to live every day in the moment, then I need to find pleasant aspects of everything I do. Today's pleasant aspect about running: it is empowering to put one foot in front of the other and accomplish something on a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment