Monday, June 7, 2010

Day Twenty-One: Three weeks in....

Today, I ended up having to try to get the walk in between rains. I got called to substitute teach at my old preschool so I was there at 6:30 and got finished at 3:00. So, as soon as I got changed, it started raining again. Then, when I started dinner, it stopped raining. After Joe and I ate, I started walking and then it rained on me the last 1/4 mile. Now, I look outside and it is sunny. Of course...

I decided to walk today so that I can try to run three days in a row on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I ran both Friday and Saturday, so I am going to try three days this week. I am also trying to treat running like I did in the Marine Corps. I ran everyday at lunch no matter what the weather was - rain, snow, sleet, heat. I was dedicated. I think I have even more to be dedicated to this time.

I have noticed that some days I backslide on the forgiving. It's like anything else I try to change about myself, I have to be diligent or it doesn't work. I absolutely have to say "Today, I am going to forgive" every morning when I wake up. I find I still get caught up in whether people deserve to be forgiven, or if I am right. Mostly, if I am right. I'd like to think I am always right - but that would not be true.

It seems that the closer people are to me, the harder it can be to live with an attitude of constant forgiveness. Especially when I'm right. Sometimes, when the person is someone who I have an intense relationship with, I feel like forgiving them is letting them off the hook. I'm not even talking about murder or running over the dog with the car. I'm talking about just not doing the dishes. How hard should that be to forgive? It would appear that I still have some work to do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment